The Motorola RDM2080d two way radio offers 8 channels and 2 watts of power, providing coverage for up to 250,000 square feet or 20 floors. It supports all five license free MURS VHF frequencies. In addition to a tri-color LED, the RDM2080d also includes a front panel display that makes it easier to adjust settings and check the radio's status. The RDM2080d also provides 5 programmable buttons that can be set to the features that you use most! This model also allows you to give your channels a friendly name with its channel aliasing feature! The Motorola RDM2080d radio also offers channel scan, hands-free VOX mode (with or without optional accessories), voice scrambling, and more.
The Motorola RDM2080d operates on VHF MURS frequencies. MURS frequencies do not require a license and are approved for use by individuals as well as businesses! The default frequencies for channels 1 and 2 of the RDM2080d are two of the most common frequencies used by many older VHF radios such as the Kenwood TK-2200 and Motorola XTN XV1100, XTN XV2100, and XTN VX2600 series radios.
The following are the five MURS frequencies supported by this model:
The Motorola RDM2080d MURS radios boast exceptional audio quality along with industrial design and performance. They meet IP55 and Military Spec 810 C, D, E and F standards for shock, rain, humidity, salt fog, vibration, sand, dust, and temperature.
Motorola's RDM series radios are 30% louder than even the highly regarded XTN and AX series. Audio clarity has been improved from previous models as well.
Includes one Motorola RDM Series RDM2080d MURS two way radio, drop-in charger, and 12 hour lightweight lithium rechargeable battery.
Click the button below to hear an audio sample from this radio!
Compare the audio from this radio to other business radios!
Motorola RDM2080d Features
- 8 Channels
- 250,000 Sq. Ft. / 20 Floor Coverage
- VHF/MURS Frequencies
- 123 Interference Eliminator Codes
- 2.0 Watt Output Power
- 5 Selectable MURS VHF Frequencies
- Uses Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Rechargeable 12 Hour Lithium Battery Pack Included
- Includes Drop-In Battery Charger
- Hands-Free (VOX) Mode
- 3 Voice-Inversion Scramble Codes
- Easy Cloning (cable or multi-charger required)
- Voice Compression Technology
- 3 Audible Call Tones
- Channel Scan
- Scan Channel Delete
- Talk Confirmation Tone
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Meter
- Low Battery Alert
- Battery Saver
- Five Programmable Buttons
- PC Configurable (cable sold separately)
- Timeout Timer
- Keypad Lock
- Monitor Channel
- Keystroke Tone Signal
- Fixed Antenna
- Drop-In Charge Capable
- Weather / Dust Resistant
- Audio Accessory Connector
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Motorola RDM2080d
- Motorola RDX RDM2080d Radio
- Standard 1100 mAh (12 hour) Lithium Ion Battery
- Belt Clip
- Drop-In Charging Tray
- AC Charging Adapter
- Owner's Manual
Motorola RDM2080d Specifications
- Battery Life: 12 hours
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 2.2" x 1.6" (9.75" w/ antenna)
- Weight (with battery): 8.6 oz.