Vertex makes digital radios affordable with the eVerge EVX-531 Digital Portable Two Way Radio! The EVX-531 operates in both analog and digital modes and is compatible with your existing analog business two way radios, so you can continue to use your current radios and upgrade to digital as you need! The EVX-531 features mixed analog and digital scan for operation in digital mode while it scans for communications from analog radios.
The EVX 531 is available in 5W VHF and UHF models with 32 channel capacity. It features three programmable keys, a tri-color LED custom call alert and internal VOX. It also includes 2-Tone encode/decode, radio-to-radio cloning, and nuisance channel delete.
The EVX 531 is also quite rugged. It meets the IP57 standards for dust and water protection and is submersible in fresh water to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes.
There are two battery options available for the Vertex Standard EVX-531. The radio comes standard with a 1380 mAh lithium-ion battery pack for 7.4 hours in analog mode and 9.7 hours in digital mode. You can opt for a high capacity 2300 mAh lithium-ion battery for 12.0 hours analog or 15.8 hours digital operation.
Includes one Vertex EVX-530 Series UHF or VHF digital mobile two way radio, antenna, belt clip, AC charger, lithium-ion rechargeable battery, owner's manual and three year warranty.
The Vertex EVX-531 radio is fully compatible with the popular Motorola TRBO series of digital radios using standard encryption. Currently using Motorola TRBO? Switch to the Vertex EVX-531 and save! The Vertex Standard Digital Advantage
The Vertex Standard eVerge digital radio series uses Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Tier 2 Standard protocol, making it compatible with other makes and models of DMR supported radios, including the popular MOTOTRBO™ series (compatible using standard encryption). The EVX Series radios are also compatible with any existing analog two-way radio for easy migration to new digital technology and to provide maximum return on investment (ROI).
Vertex EVX digital radios use Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) technology for power and spectrum efficiency and a lower cost of total equipment compared to FDMA.
Digital radio technology offers consistently higher quality transmissions with greater clarity, less noise and greater range than analog transmissions. Vertex EVX Series radios use TDMA, which also cuts transmission time in half, reducing overall power consumption. This allows Vertex EVX-530 Series radios to operate up to 40 percent longer than a typical analog radio, reducing battery consumption, which saves you money!
Vertex Standard eVerge Series digital radios are FCC Part 90 Narrowbanding Compliant.
Vertex EVX-531 Features
- 32 Channels and 2 Groups
- 403-470Mhz/450-512Mhz UHF Frequencies (UHF Model)
- 136-174 MHz VHF Frequencies (VHF Model)
- CTCSS/DCS Encode and Decode
- 5W/2.5W/1W/0.25W Output Power
- Uses Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Packs
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Pack Included
- Includes Charger
- Emergency Tone With Voice To Follow
- Hands-Free Internal (VOX) Mode
- Radio To Radio Cloning Capable
- Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS II™) Alert
- Call Alert
- Channel Scan (analog or digital); mixed mode (digital)
- Nuisance Channel Delete
- Dual Channel Watch
- Lone Worker Mode
- Programmable Tri-Color LED Alert
- 3 Programmable Keys
- PC Programmable (Optional Software and Cable Required)
- Key Lock
- Drop-In Charge Capable
- IP57 Water / Dust Resistant
- Audio Accessory Connector
- Meets MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, F and G Rating
- Two Tone Codes
- Digital/Analog Mixed Mode
- MDC 1200 Compatible
- Three Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Vertex EVX-531
- Vertex eVerge EVX-530 Series UHF or VHF Digital Portable Two Way Radio
- Li-ion Battery
- AC Charger
- Belt Clip
- Owners Manual
Vertex EVX-531 Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.1 x 2.3 x 1.34 inches (106.7 x 58.5 x 34 mm) (w/FNB-V133LI-UNI)
- Weight (Approx.): 9.9 oz (280 g) w/FNB-V133LI-UNI, 11.5 oz (325 g) w/FNB-V134LI-UNI
- Antenna connector type: SMA Male (Motorola/Vertex)