The Icom IC-M36 Marine VHS Two Way Radio is what you would expect from Icom. Continuing in the same tradition as the Icom IC-M34, this is a tough radio that is made to last and is loaded with great features. The IC-M36 is a 6 watt VHF radio that is submersible up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. The M36 also features AquaQuake, that uses a vibrating sound to help remove water from the speaker grill. The IC-M36 also floats, making it great for a ditch bag.
The IC-M36 is very ergonomic. Its slender, pinched-waist body is easy to hold and the large, easy to read backlight display and large buttons make it easy to operate. It has dual/tri-watch functions, weather channel with alerts, auto scan, and dual power modes to increase battery life. The IC-M36 has the ability to set your favorite channels for quick channel changes, and also has instant access to channel 16 or 9.
In addition to its many other features, The Icom IC-M36 also has a noise-canceling microphone to reduce background noise and an automatic volume adjustment to increase volume when used in areas with loud noise, such as an engine room. The IC-M36 also has a removable antenna so you can connect it to a larger fix mounted one to increase its range.
The IC-M36 comes with a Li-ion battery pack, charger, AC adapter, belt clip, hand strap, and antenna.
Optional Waterproof Speaker Microphone
The Icom HM-165 Waterproof Speaker Microphone is designed for the Icom IC-M36 marine radio. The HM-165 is waterproof equivalent to IPX7 (1 m depth for 30 min.). The IC-M36 radio can float back up to the surface if dropped overboard even if the HM-165 optional speaker microphone is attached.
Icom IC-M36 Features
- 59 U.S., 63 Canadian & 59 International Marine Channels
- VHF Marine Channels
- 6 WattsTransmit Power
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Included
- Battery Charger
- 10 NOAA Weather Channels
- NOAA Weather Alerts
- Noise Canceling Microphone
- Channel Scan
- Dual/Tri Channel Watch
- Backlit Display
- Power Selectable
- Battery Meter
- Battery Saver
- Removable Antenna
- Drop-In Charge Capable
- Water Resistant
- meets equivalent MIL-STD-810-C, -D, -E and F
- Three Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Icom IC-M36
- Icom IC-M36 Marine VHF Two Way Radio
- Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery Pack (MB-252)
- Belt Clip (MB-109)
- Removable Antenna (FA-SC58V)
- Battery Charger (BC-173)
- AC Adapter (BC-174SA)
- Hand Strap
- Owners Manual
Icom IC-M36 Specifications
- Dimensions: 2 7/16 W × 5 1/2 H × 1 11/16 D in. (62 × 97 × 39 mm) (Projections not included)
- Weight: (Approx. with BP-252) 90.4oz (295g)
- Battery Life: (5-5-90 duty) BP-252 (Approx.) 8 Hours
- Antenna Connector Type: J Female