Your standard two way radios don't provide the range you need, and an expensive repeater system is simply not an option. Why settle for limitations when you can have it all? Switch to the Icom IP501H LTE radio and get nationwide two way radio coverage using the AT&T LTE cell phone network for a low monthly fee!
Now you can get wide area communications and stable connections with the Icom IP501H LTE Two Way Radio! This small yet amazingly powerful IP based radio provides instant, full duplex communication using a LTE (4G) and 3G network for telephone-type calls and conversations without the need for repeaters or an IP network! A standard two way radio only allows one person to talk at a time, while the other party listens. The IP501H is capable of full duplex operation, which means that a user can talk and listen at the same time
, just like a cell phone!
The IP501H supports multiple users for individual, group, talkgroup multiplex talkgroup calls and pre-programmed text message transmissions for full duplex communications between groups, floors, buildings, and geographic locations within your business or organization.
The IP501H has clear, high quality audio, thanks to its G.726 (32 kbps) vocoder. It features a 500 memory address book with room for individual, group, talkgroup and telephone lists. It has a vibration alert to notify the user of incoming calls for more quiet operation. It has a recording function to store incoming voice calls up to one minute in duration. The IP501H is also equipped with Bluetooth® and VOX capability, so users can pair it with a headset or other audio device for hands-free full duplex communication.
The Icom IP501H sports a backlit LCD display and a removable antenna only 2 inches in length. It comes with a BP-272 1880 mAh, 14Wh rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack with an uptime of over 17 hours on a single full charge. The Icom IP501H is also IP67 waterproof and is submersible in up to 1 meter of water for up to 30 minutes!
- Department Stores
- Event Management
- Road Maintenance
- Shopping Malls
The Icom IP501H comes equipped with a Li-ion battery pack, belt clip, removable antenna, and instruction manual. Compact, Battery charger sold separately. An optional vehicle charger cradle With Bluetooth® function (BC-218) is also available.
Requires LTE-CONNECT Service
The Icom IP501H is an LTE transceiver and operates on the LTE CONNECT private LTE (4G) and 3G network radio system using a SIM card. Unlike a cell phone on a cellular PoC network, the IP501H is a data device used for voice communications. Although it operates like a traditional two way radio, The IP501H requires an LTE or 3G signal to work.
LTE-CONNECT is a private system. Only users who are programmed into the system can communicate on the network. A maximum of 500 users can be programmed into each device. Over 2000 users can be part of a private system. The LTE-CONNECT system has a dedicated MPLS connection and is secure.
Month-to-month packages are available for $28 per radio per month. Nationwide coverage is provided using the AT&T LTE network. For full details on all available service plans, please contact our sales department.
Icom LTE-CONNECT Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the LTE-CONNECT system?
LTE-CONNECT is a private radio system that operates utilizing LTE/3G Data.
- What is the coverage range of the LTE-CONNECT system?
A USA based customer will have coverage throughout USA/Canada/Mexico using a
roaming function while in Canada and Mexico at no additional charge.
- Is the LTE-CONNECT system PTT over Cellular PoC?
No, PoC is a specific protocol that allows Push to Talk (PTT) communications through a
cellular network, our Radio (IP501H) is a data device used for voice communications.
- How does the LTE-CONNECT system work?
Traffic is controlled by a central server. The radio gains access to the server via LTE/3G
network connections via SIM card.
- Can I use my own SIM card in the radio?
No, Icom will supply a custom SIM card. Each SIM has its own ID and password and
will only work with an Icom supplied device.
- Is the LTE-CONNECT system secure?
Yes, this is a private system with a dedicated MPLS Connection from the LTE/3G Radio
access network of carriers direct to our cloud servers. There is no use of public internet
for a call control.
- Can I use Icom’s Data SIM to connect to the internet?
No, the supplied SIM will allow a connection direct to Icom’s secure cloud server and
can only be used with an Icom supplied device.
- Can radio scanners listen to my calls?
No, this is a data device, only devices connected through our private secure cloud
server can communicate with each other.
- Do I require a frequency license to operate the radio?
No, the IP501H is license free to operate in USA/Canada/Mexico.
- Why is PTCRB approval important?
All devices that access a carriers tower in North America require PTCRB approval. A
device that is not approved can be denied access from the carriers. The IP501H has
- Does the LTE-CONNECT system require airtime?
Yes, there is a monthly flat rate. A system access fee will be charged by an authorized
Icom LTE-CONNECT dealer.
- Will the IP501H communicate in area’s without LTE/3G signals?
No, the IP501H requires an LTE or 3G signal in order to operate.
- What type of calling can I do with the IP501H?
The IP501H operates exactly like a traditional radio. Placing an ALL, GROUP and/or
INDIVIDUAL Call is available.
- Who can I talk to?
This is a private radio system. Users can only communicate with individuals that have
been programmed into the system. A total of 500 users can be programmed into each
device and 2000+ users can be part of a private system.
- Can the IP501H communicate with other devices?
The IP501H can be connected though Icom’s ROIP gateway to allow connections to SIP
phones, Analog radios, Digital radios and can direct a call connection to specific cell
- What is Full Duplex?
The IP501H is full duplex capable. This allows users to talk and listen at the same time
- similar to a cell phone. Traditional 2-way radios are simplex where each person has to
wait till other party finishes before speaking.
- Does the IP501H have safety features?
Yes, the IP501H has Priority Calling, Man-down, Lone Worker & Emergency Signalling.
- What other features are built into the IP501H?
These radios are Waterproof, have built-in GPS and Bluetooth®, a Vibrate Alert, Voice
Message Record and predefined Text Messages.
- Why is the Audio quality on the IP501H better than a traditional radio?
Traditional radios, either Analog or digital, use a narrow bandwidth to pass audio. This
restricts the amount of information that can be transmitted. Given the IP501H is a data
device operating via LTE, a much wider bandwidth is available.
Icom IP501H Features
- Up to 500 Memory Address Book
- G.726 Vocoder
- Wide Area Coverage Over an LTE (4G) and 3G Network (Requires LTE Service)
- Clear High Quality, Audio
- Individual, Group, Talkgroup, Multiplex Talkgroup and All Calls
- Vibrate Alert
- Voice Message Recording
- Emergency button
- Lone Worker
- Man Down function
- Backlit LCD Display
- Signal Strength Indicator
- Battery Meter
- Bluetooth® Capable
- GPS Capable (Optional Gateway Device Required)
- Keypad Lock
- Volume Knob
- Audible Button Beeps
- Li-ion Battery Pack
- Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Included
- Drop-in Battery Charger Available (Optional)
- Drop-In Charge Capable
- IP67 Dust and Waterproof
- Submersible (1M Depth Water For 30 Minutes)
- Audio Accessory Connector
- MIL-STD-810-C, D, E, F and G
- Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Icom IP501H
- Icom IP501H Two Way Radio For Wireless Networks
- Lithium-ion Rechargeable Battery Pack (BP-272)
- Removable Antenna
- Belt Clip
- Antenna Connector Cap
- Hand Strap
Icom IP501H Specifications
- Dimensions: 2.3 × 3.7 × 1.3 in; 59 × 95 × 32 mm (with BP-272)
- Weight: (with BP-272 and Antenna) 8.5 oz.; 240 g
- Battery Life: (Approx.) over 17 hours (with BP-272)
- Antenna connector type: RP SMA Female