LIMITED TIME OFFER - BUY RADIOS FOR YOUR SCHOOL, GET CASH BACK! - Click the "Rebate Offer for Schools!" tab above for details.
Motorola makes the migration to digital more affordable with the EVX-261 Digital Portable Two Way Radio! The EVX-261 supports the digital DMR Tier 2 standard / TDMA protocol while it maintains compatibility with your existing analog business two way radios, so you can upgrade your fleet to digital technology and use your current analog radios at the same time!
The EVX 261 is available in 5W VHF and UHF models with 16 channel capacity. It features two programmable keys, a programmable two-color LED, superior audio output and internal VOX. It also includes 2-Tone and 5-Tone encode/decode, radio-to-radio cloning, and multiple scan options. Other features include Direct Mode for two communication paths on a single frequency and Transmit Interrupt to halt a current transmission for a priority message. DTMF, 2-Tone and 5-Tone capabilities, Voice Inversion Encryption, and MDC1200® compatibility provide you with expanded interoperability when using the EVX-261.
The EVX 261 is also built to last. It meets the IP55 standards for dust and water resistance and meets Mil-STD D, E, F, and G specifications.
Two battery options are available for the Motorola EVX-261. It comes standard with a 1380 mAh lithium-ion battery pack for up to 7.4 hours in analog mode and 9.7 hours in digital mode on a 9-5-5 duty cycle with battery saver enabled. Need more uptime? Choose the high capacity 2300 mAh lithium-ion battery for up to 12.0 hours analog or 15.8 hours digital operation.
Includes one Motorola EVX-261 UHF or VHF digital two way radio, antenna, belt clip, AC charger, lithium-ion rechargeable battery, owner's manual and three year warranty. The Motorola EVX-261 radio is fully compatible with the popular Motorola TRBO series of digital radios using standard encryption. Currently using Motorola TRBO? Switch to the Motorola EVX-261 and save! The Motorola Digital Advantage
The Motorola digital radio series uses Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) Tier 2 Standard protocol, compatible with other makes and models of DMR supported radios, including the popular MOTOTRBO™ series (compatible using standard encryption). The EVX Series radios are also compatible with any existing analog two-way radio for easy migration to new digital technology and to provide maximum return on investment (ROI).
Motorola EVX digital radios use Time-Division Multiple-Access (TDMA) technology for power and spectrum efficiency and a lower cost of total equipment compared to FDMA.
Digital radio technology offers consistently higher quality transmissions with greater clarity, less noise and greater range than analog transmissions. Vertex EVX Series radios use TDMA, which also cuts transmission time in half, reducing overall power consumption. This allows Motorola EVX-530 Series radios to operate up to 40 percent longer than a typical analog radio, reducing battery consumption, which saves you money!
Motorola EVX Series digital radios are FCC Part 90 Narrowbanding Compliant.
Motorola EVX-261 Features
- 16 Channels
- 403-470Mhz or 450-512Mhz UHF Frequencies (UHF Models)
- 136-174 MHz VHF Frequencies (VHF Model)
- CTCSS/DCS Encode and Decode
- 5W/1W Output Power
- Uses Li-ion Rechargeable Battery Packs
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Pack Included
- Includes Charger
- Emergency Alert
- Hands-Free Internal (VOX) Mode (With Accessory)
- Voice Inversion Encryption
- All Call/Group Call/Direct Call (Digital Mode)
- Radio To Radio Cloning Capable
- Auto-Range Transpond System (ARTS™) Alert
- Talk Around/Talk Around Scan
- Call Alert
- Channel Scan (analog or digital); mixed mode (digital)
- Nuisance Channel Delete
- Dual Channel Watch
- Lone Worker Mode
- LED Status Light
- Programmable Multi-Color LED Alert
- Power Selectable
- Transmit Battery Saver
- 2 Programmable Keys
- PC Programmable (Optional Software and Cable Required)
- Automatic Timeout Timer
- Key Lock
- Adjustable Gain
- Drop-In Charge Capable
- IP55 Water / Dust Resistant
- Audio Accessory Connector
- Meets MIL-STD 810 C, D, E, F and G Rating
- 700mW Internal Speaker
- Two Tone and Five Tone Encode/Decode
- Digital/Analog Mixed Mode
- MDC-1200® ANI Encode
- Remote Stun/Kill/Revive (5-Tone)
- Three Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Motorola EVX-261
- Motorola EVX-261 UHF or VHF Digital Portable Two Way Radio
- Li-ion Battery
- AC Desktop Charger
- AC Power Adapter
- Belt Clip
- Owners Manual
Motorola EVX-261 Specifications
- Dimensions: 4.3 x 2.3 x 1.3 in (109.2 x 58.4 x 32.3 mm) (w/FNB-V133LI-UNI)
- Weight (Approx.): 9.9 oz (281 g) w/FNB-V133LI-UNI, 11.6 oz (330 g) w/FNB-V134LI-UNI
- Antenna connector type: SMA Male (Motorola/Vertex)
Buy Radios For Your School, Get Cash Back!
For a limited time, K-12 education institutions can get a cash rebate with purchase of Motorola EVX-261, SL300 and CP200d two way radios! Enhance safety and security at your school campus with these special savings!
The following Motorola radios are eligible for this rebate offer:
- EVX-261 - $10 rebate per radio
- SL300 - $12 rebate per radio
- CP200d - $15 rebate per radio
This offer is fulfilled by the manufacturer, so your rebate will be sent to you after Motorola receives your online redemption claim. Offer valid from July 1 to September 30, 2018. Purchaser must redeem the rebate online at www.MyRadioRebate.com
within 30 days of receiving invoice. Rebate is sent in the form of a pre-paid card. Other rules and restrictions apply.Read the promotional flyer
for details. NOTE: Only K-12 schools in the U.S. and Canada are eligible for this offer. It is void where prohibited by law.