The Uniden Bearcat 980 SSB CB Radio combines contemporary style and modern features with the power and ruggedness of a classic Bearcat to bring you the best in CB radio. With the addition of Single Side Band, you get the ultimate CB experience.
The Bearcat 980 blasts out 4 watts of transmit power and covers 40 channels, with NOAA weather channels and an instant channel 9 and 19 for emergency channel access. Plus, with 12W PEP SSB you get 80 more channels and triple the power of AM CB.
As for features, the Bearcat 980 is loaded with them, such as Hi/Lo mic gain control, memory channel scan, dynamic squelch control, and a noise/blanket filter to reduce background noise. The 980 also comes with a noise canceling microphone with an extra long mic cord to stretch across larger cabs.
Then there's the display. The Bearcat980 SSB sports a large, easy-to-read channel display that allows you to customize with 7 backlight color options! The display has a large S/RF/SWR digital meter, day and night brightness control and TX/RX indicators.
The Bearcat 980 SSB CB Radio includes noise canceling microphone, mounting bracket kit, DC Power Cord, 6-pin to 4-pin microphone adapter, owner's manual and 2 year manufacturer warranty. Antenna sold separately.
Uniden Bearcat 980 Features
- 40 CB Radio Channels
- 4 Watts Output Power
- SSB Channels
- SSB Output Power
- Instant Channel 9/19 Access
- Weather Channels
- Channel Scan
- Public Address Capability (PA Capability)
- Backlit Display With 7 Color Options
- Brightness Control
- Channel Memory
- Noise Blanker
- Adjustable Hi/Lo Microphone Gain
- Dynamic Squelch Control
- Adjustable RF Gain
- SWR Calibration (SWR CAL)
- SWR CAL Meter
- RF Digital Meter
- Signal Strength Meter
- Transmit/Receive Indicator
- Front Microphone Connector
- External Speaker Connector
- Volume Control
- Bluetooth® Wireless Microphone Compatible
- Two Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Uniden Bearcat 980
- Uniden Bearcat 980 SSB CB Radio
- Noise Canceling Microphone
- Mounting Bracket Kit
- DC Power Cord
- 6-Pin To 4-Pin Microphone Adapter
- Owner's Manual
Uniden Bearcat 980 Specifications
- Dimensions: 2.25” (H) x 7.25” (W) x 7.5” (D) (Without Knobs and Jacks)
- Metric Dimensions: 57.15 mm x 184.149 mm x 190.50 mm
- Weight: 2.2 lbs.
- Antenna Connector Type: SO-239 (UHF Female)