The Motorola RMU2080 two way radio is the successor to the RDU2080 of the popular RDX Series. It offers 8 channels and 2 watts of power, providing coverage for up to 250,000 square feet or 20 floors. It operates in 12.5 kHz Narrowband on 99
selectable UHF frequencies with 219 PL/DPL codes, including 6 customizable codes.
The RMU2080 is also a NOAA Weather Radio with alerts, a feature not found on previous Motorola RDX series radios. The addition of this feature takes Motorola business radios to another level.
The RMU2080 is convenient and simple to use. A tri-color LED alerts the user to the radio's status and features. Two programmable buttons give quick one-touch access to features. The Motorola RMU2080 radio has Channel Announcement with Voice Alias. It also offers call alert tones, channel scan, hands-free VOX mode (with optional accessories), voice scrambling, and more.
Cloning this radio is easy with an optional single-unit charger cloning cable or multi-unit charger (sold separately).
Includes one Motorola RM Series RMU2080 two way radio, 2100 mAh 3.7V Lithium Ion rechargeable battery, swivel belt holster with 3.5" spring clip, drop-in charger, quick reference leaflet, RF safety booklet and a one year manufacturer warranty.
The Motorola RMU-2080 operates on UHF frequencies. This means it performs best inside steel or concrete structures.
Motorola RM Series
The Motorola RM Series two way radios were designed specifically with businesses and professionals in mind. RM radios boast exceptional audio quality along with industrial design and performance.
They meet IP54/55 and Military Spec 810 C, D, E, F and G standards for shock, rain, humidity, salt fog, vibration, sand, dust, and temperature. RM Series radios also include Antimicrobial Protection.
Worried about setup time? RM series radios can be configured through Motorola's free PC based Customer Programming Software. Settings can also be easily cloned from one radio to another, making it easier than ever to expand your fleet.
Wondering about compatibility? The Motorola RM series is compatible with all Motorola RDX, XTN, CLS and Spirit professional two way radios. Some users of XTN series VHF radios may need to change frequencies to be compatible with RM series radios.
Motorola RMU2080 Features
- 8 Channels
- 250,000 Sq. Ft. / 20 Floor Coverage
- UHF Business Frequencies
- 219 PL/DPL codes (Includes 6 Customizable Codes)
- 2.0 Watt Output Power
- 99 User Selectable Frequencies
- Uses Rechargeable Battery Pack
- Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack Included
- Includes Drop-In Battery Charger
- Weather Channels
- NOAA Weather Alerts
- Hands-Free (VOX) Mode (with compatible accessories)
- Voice Scrambling
- Voice Promps
- Easy Cloning (cable or multi-charger required)
- Voice Compression Technology
- Call Alert Tones
- Channel Scan
- Scan Channel Delete
- Talk Confirmation Tone
- Low Battery Alert
- Battery Saver
- 2 Programmable Buttons
- PC Configurable (cable sold separately)
- Timeout Timer
- Monitor Channel
- Keystroke Tone Signal
- Channel Announcement with Voice Alias
- Fixed Antenna
- Drop-In Charge Capable
- Weather / Dust Resistant
- Audio Accessory Connector
- Meets Military 810 C, D, E, F, G and IP54/55 Specifications
- One Year Manufacturer Warranty
Included with the Motorola RMU2080
- Motorola RM RMU2080 Two Way Radio
- 2100 mAh 3.7V Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery
- Swivel Belt Holster With 3.5" Spring Clip
- Standard Drop-In Charging Tray
- AC Charging Adapter
- Quick Reference Guide
- RF Safety Booklet
Motorola RMU2080 Specifications
- Battery Life: 12 hours (Up to 15 Hours with Battery Save)
- Dimensions:7.38" x 2.25" x 1.5"
- Weight (with battery): 8.6 oz.