Programming the Wouxun KG-UV920P-A mobile radio with your computer, USB cable and programming software is one thing, but what about programming the radio directly from the unit itself? The buttons are not very intuitive and the manual leaves a lot to be desired. Where do you begin?
It seems complicated, but it isn't really, once you know how it's done.
How to program a frequency into the Wouxun KG-UV920P-A
- First, make sure the radio is on and in stand by mode.
- Press the 1 (BAND) key to choose the side of the radio you want to program (Side A or Side B)
- Press the 6 (VFO/MR) key repeatedly to toggle between frequency (VFO) and the three channel (MR) modes until you enter Frequency Mode
- Once you enter Frequency Mode, press the 2 (MHZ) key. The display should show a set of hash marks.
- Enter your desired frequency.
- Press the 4 (MEMCH) key to assign the frequency to a channel memory
- Enter the channel number you want to assign to that frequency
- Press the red menu button to store the frequency and channel number in the radio.
- Press the 6 key until you are in channel mode
- The channel and frequency are now programmed into your radio.
Repeat these steps for each additional channel and frequency to be programmed.
This procedure can also be used to program the Wouxun KG-UV950 Quad Band Base/Mobile Two Way Radio and the Wouxun KG-B55 Dual Band 2/440 Base Station.